- Get Support
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Can you help Walking With The Wounded celebrate our 10th Anniversary?
WWTW supports those who have served in the Armed Forces and their families, empowering them to regain their independence, thrive and contribute in our communities. The majority of those who leave the armed forces transition into civilian life without problem; but for a small but significant minority the transition can be hard.
WWTW support those ex-servicemen and women who have struggled with their mental or physical health, homelessness, unemployment or social isolation.
We are looking for 100 schools to each help us raise £250.
Every school that raises £250 will receive a WWTW Legacy Tree to plant at their school.
The Legacy Trees represent our heritage and the growing legacy of those who have bravely served their country. In the future, as our trees grow, so will the charity and so will the lives and families of all the mean and women we have successfully supported.
We hope that your Legacy Tree will be a reminder of your contribution to this.
Because it’s our 10th anniversary year in 2020…
£250 could support us to provide
- therapy sessions for a veteran who is struggling with their mental health, with an accredited therapist close to their home
- specialist employment support for a veteran who has struggled to find employment in the civilian world after a successful military career
- family support to a veteran and their loved ones who have been struggling with accommodation, mental or physical health or sustainable income since their time in the forces.
How you could raise £250
1) Hold a hero themed non-school uniform day for £1 donation per pupil
2) Book sale - Ask students and staff to bring gently used, no longer wanted books to school. Organize a big book sale day, promoting it a couple of weeks in advance.
3) Bake Off - school cake sales are easy to organize, easy on the pocket and fun to do. With nothing more than small team of people, a dedication to a good cause, and some planning and baking, you can have a successful bake sale of your own.
Need some fundraising materials and support for your event?
To help you with your fundraising we have included an event poster (to promote your activity) and a tree poster (which the children can colour in as you make progress towards your £250 target). If you would like more information please contact Alice Cluff at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help.